In the year 2018 a new program of adaptation for foreign incoming students has been launched at NWIM RNEPA. The program includes following aspects:
- creating new English taught programs and improving the quality of the existing programs for international students
- courses of Russian language for foreign exchange students coming in the framework of the academic mobility
- pre-university (preparatory) courses of Russian language for further admission to higher education degree programs at NWIM
- improvement of the information materials for incoming students
- development of the Buddy Program (support by local students)
- regular meetings of coordinators from International admission office and faculties
- meetings with international students in the dormitories
- involving international students in all students’ activities at NWIM
- cultural seminars at the faculties, including cultural events in the framework of the “Diamond Language Club” of the Faculty of Economics and Finance
- events of the Club of International Friendship
- accommodation of international students, finding new hostels
- improving of visa support services for foreign students
- improving of medical insurance services according to the Governmental Project “Development of Export Potential of Russian Education”
- on-line feedback service for better exposure of the problems of the incomings, creating the application by Google forms for foreign students to help them with everyday life problems
- NWIM social networks and web-site with materials in foreign languages.
Student Council of NWIM RANEPA is the main body of student self-government in the Institute (since 2003). The structure of Student Council includes also the Commission on quality of education and NWIM students’ ombudsman.
Student life. Science and Culture
Traditionally various festivals and competitions are held at NWIM: «Academy of Talents», «First year students’ festival», championships on «Club of the Funny and Inventive», «Mr and Mrs NWIM». Different creative initiatives are encouraged in the Institute. They are theatre school «Version», two dancing groups (folk and modern), singing groups.
Student Associations successfully realize their activity on the base of the Institute: Student Scientific Society, Student Association of volunteers «SOVA», Student Pedagogical Group «Penguin», Student Club «Polis», Student Club «Customs inspector», Eurasian Youth Assembly, Club of intellectual games «Akademos».
«No one is forgotten, nothing is forgotten»
NWIM RANEPA keeps carefully a memory about people’s feat during the Second World War. Almost all faculties of the Institute take care of monuments located in Saint-Petersburg and the Leningrad Region.
Annually students of NWIM participate in action «The Immortal Regiment», hold «subbotnik» (Saturday voluntary work day) at the memorial on the place of the burnt village in Bolshoye Zarechie and near the monument to the children of the Leningrad Blocade.
An international online marathon of reading of wartime letters «I’m writing to you my own…I’m waiting for you my darling!» is held every year.
«Student to student» program
The «Student to student» program is realized in the Institute: students of last years of study help their younger colleagues to adapt to new conditions. Curatorial hours and other fascinating events are held for students.
All students’ achievements are included into their individual rating which is made twice a year based on the results of the academic progress of the students, their achievements in cultural and creative activity, sport, scientific and public work. All successful students get awards and gratitude from the director.
Welcome to web sites of our Student Associations:
- Club of intellectual games «Akademos»
- Student Club «Polis»
- Student newspaper «Prosto»
- Student scientific society
- Student Association of volunteers «SOVA»
- Student Club «Simurg»
- Student pedagogical group «Penguin»
- Student Club «Preaktum»
- Color television
- Radio of Presidential Academy
- Eurasian Youth Assembly
- Student Club «Customs officer»
Calendar of annual events:
- A festive ceremony of the beginning of the new academic year traditionally takes place at Peter and Paul Fortress (September 1)
- Academy Day (September 21)
- Presentations of Student Associations of the Institute
- Annually autumn sport and tourist meeting of NWIM RANEPA
- Competition «Student of the Year of NWIM RANEPA»
- «School of the most active students» of the Institute and faculties
- Conference of students’ representatives
- Festival of First Year students
- Election of the President of the Student Council of NWIM RANEPA
- All-Russian model of the State Duma of the Russian Federation at NWIM RANEPA
- All-Russian competition «Theatre Matrix»
- Creative competition «Academy of talents»
- Birthday of NWIM RANEPA (December 16)
- Organizational and active game «Territory of power»
- Winter sport games of NWIM RANEPA
A competition of intelligence, beauty and talent «Mr and Mrs NWIM RANEPA»
- Weeks of the Faculties of NWIM RANEPA
- Eurasian Youth Innovative Convention
- All-Russian online marathon of reading of the wartime letters
- All-Russian student sport competition of RANEPA
- Spring sport and touristic meeting of NWIM RANEPA
- Russian competition «Mrs Presidential Academy»
Competition «Top 50 of the best students of NWIM RANEPA»
Summer campus of Presidential Academy (Kazan)
During a year
- Competition of student scientific works
- Championships on parliamentary debates
- Student sport competitions of NWIM «Academiada»
- Interfaculty championship of the Club of the Funny and Inventive
- Opened championship of NWIM RANEPA on intellectual games
- Donor Days
- Total dictation (all-Russian annual event aimed at promotion of grammatical skills)
- Accelerator of social initiatives RAISE (Moscow)
In 2016 and 2017 NWIM RANEPA became a winner of a competition between institutions of Saint-Petersburg for the best organization of sports and mass work.
«Victoria» sport center is the heart of sport life of NWIM RANEPA, where classes on football, mini football, hockey, basketball, volleyball, rhythmic gymnastics, swimming, karate, judo, sambo, juitsu, floorball, shooting, tennis, ping pong, arm-wrestling, chess and checks, badminton, beach tennis, athletics, cheerleading and other sport events are held regularly.
During a year students compete in more than 20 sports.
Coaching staff includes honored sports masters, as well as students and graduates of NWIM RANEPA.
Sport clubs work at every faculty of the Institute.